Friday, November 9, 2012

Teen Read Week is October 14-20

LRC helpers did a fantastic job creating our first display case,
"Fall for a good Book" 
I've been working hard and getting acclimated to my new position. Teaching is truly a rewarding occupation. Having a sense that your efforts can actually help someone, is priceless. And as the school librarian I get to be a part of so much...helping students find the resources they need, the delight on their faces when their requested book comes in, the peace they show when they enter into the quiet sanctuary like setting of the LRC, (depends which period), the focus they display when working at the computer-typing, researching,or completing their math problems. I'm proud of the LRC helpers I have too. They've created displays and promoted programs and the opening weeks of the school library would not have been possible without their day-to-day contributions.
The school website addition is my first virtual trek outside the LRC. YALSA's Teen Read Week inspired me; Teen Read Week is October 14-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers