Thursday, July 12, 2012

ART


As a TRT, part of my mission is to give people a reason to care- connect visitors intellectually and emotionally to tangible places and things as well as to intangible themes that make the National Park Service, (NPS), purposeful. One of the major ways to accomplish this is through personal services and media services. That’s why I love this blog. I can undertake the personal and media services at the same time. As the saying goes, “we conserve what we love and understand.” Part of my interpretation skills will be to present as many perspectives as I can. Visitors need to feel and see the Park as a valuable resource.

Applying the Interpretive Equation



KR + KA x AT = IO



So, after the cool workshop on Geocaching at the Leopold Conference, I’m excited about seeing how as an LST- Librarian Servicing Teens, I could use the Park, and the popular Hunger Games book series, “districts” of training and skills to engage more students. Tangible and Intangibles. The Cuyahoga River, Crooked River, Place of the Jawbone, Place of the Wing, can surely earn a spot in the plans.
The Sequoia tree and bison represented vegetation and wildlife, the mountains and water represented scenic and recreational values, and the arrowhead represented historical and archeological values.
NPS arrowhead patch


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers